“Today I want to take you all on a little journey though my Facebook since I started dating the Farmer’s Daughter, and then at the end, let’s have a little discussion about it. On each page, I will share a different photo (three total) that I’ve shared on Facebook, as well as a few of the comments that followed. Please note that this has been recorded as a podcast as well.
Please read through the whole thing. I think it’s a discussion we really need to have, the most important part of which is on the last page.” By Dan Pearce
Thanks for the submission. This is actually an incredibly short but important read. The 5 pages are just 3 screen caps, 1 summary of what he’s been told in real life and 1 short but touching confession at the end.
The following list contains just a few things people have said to me in real life.
- By a gay friend: “There is no such thing as bisexuality. I really think it just means you haven’t figured out who you actually are attracted to.”
- By a gay friend: “I told her [the Farmer’s Daughter] that she needed to be really careful because bisexuals are probably never going to be satisfied in a straight relationship.”
- By a straight friend: “I don’t believe you that you’re bisexual. If you were, you’d be dating a guy right now.”
- By a gay friend: “I think you’re just dating her because you are too scared to really see what you want.”
- By my sister: “Dan, you just come off as a 2 on the Kinsey scale to me. You seem pretty straight to me.”
- By a straight friend: “This just proves that you are straight.”
- By a gay friend: “You just don’t act like a gay man. I don’t think you’re gay.”
- By a straight friend: “Are you sure? Seems to me like you need to experiment a lot more.”
- By a gay friend: “I don’t trust people who say they’re bisexual. I don’t believe it’s real.”
- By a straight friend: “This guy likes it any way he can get it.”
You get the idea. As you can imagine, there have been plenty more.
But first, I’d like to remind you that yes, I’m bisexual, but…
That doesn’t mean that I sleep around.
That doesn’t mean that I am confused.
That doesn’t mean that I am attracted to everyone.
That doesn’t mean that I am in transition.
That doesn’t mean that I am not faithful in my relationships.
That doesn’t mean that I will always want and miss the gender I am not with.
That doesn’t mean that I am denying my true self.
That doesn’t mean that I am into threesomes. Or orgies. Or swinging.
That doesn’t mean that I am always horny.
And, believe it or not, that doesn’t mean that I am attracted to you simply because you’re breathing and you have two legs with something in between them.
It simply means that I will fall in love with whomever I will fall in love with.